Fleet Mechanic - Transportation Leader - Muskegon, MI
DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century.And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job.At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE.Together, we can achieve great things.
Pay Range: $39.90/hr - $42.00/hr
Location: Muskegon Service Center
Bidding Restriction: Per CBA
THIS POSITION IS REPRESENTED BY LOCAL 70C INTERNATIONAL CHEMICAL WORKERS UNION COUNCIL BARGAINING UNIT.
Employees with bidding restrictions on their current position should not apply. Supervisors are responsible for notifying the Staffing Specialist if an employee is restricted from bidding on open positions.
Shall be able to perform the following described duties;
- Act as a Garage lead man
- Be capable of acting as a group leader directing the activities of lower classified employees in the absence of supervision (these employees are not to be considered supervisors for the purpose of administering discipline or judging the performance of other bargaining unit members)
- Keep proper records
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all operational activities involving transportation and direct that knowledge toward the most economical and efficient fleet operation
- Make complete diagnosis of vehicle performance and the determination of necessary repairs, arc and acetylene cutting and welding, all repairs to work tools and equipment.
- Use of all tools necessary to carry out designated duties; including body repairs and maintenance, performance adjustments, and preventative maintenance inspections
- Washing, refueling, lubricating and driving Company vehicles
- Conduct vehicle inventory.
- AND MORE...