Material Control Office Manager - Warren, MI
The Material Control Office Manager is responsible for monitoring the work performance of salaried represented manpower that perform material routing, follow-up, arriving, linking, and record integrity processes and procedures in a plant environment. Direct the workforce to perform plant level supply chain management, including management of all suppliers, carriers, expeditors, and inbound material shipments. Lead and support World Class Manufacturing implementation and in achieving/exceeding production control scorecard targets as it relates to material flow parts shortages.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in one or combination of the following: material flow, material requirements planning (i.e. scheduling), and or engineering change coordination
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability using Kaizen principles
- Experience working with teams in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Strong background in lean manufacturing systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience
- Provide support of organizations to work any shift and overtime as required
- Advance degree preferred - Supply Chain Management/Logistics/Packaging Engineering/Industrial Engineering or Business
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.