Material Handler - Zeeland, MI
Our Operations Teams are responsible for all aspects of manufacturing high quality products in a timely manner to delight our customers. Operations team members play an important role in Herman Miller's success and prepare us to help people do great things. All of our team members work in clean, bright environments that make use of Lean manufacturing principles. These teams share a passion for quality and hold safety as a number one priority.
As a Material Handler, you'll receive, store, and pull raw and finished goods through the facility in a safe, accurate, and timely manner, along with the proper part tracking.
What You'll Do
- You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Change the powered equipment fork lift battery as necessary, wearing the appropriate safety equipment as posted in the battery changing area.
- Complete required transactions accurately using hand-held terminals, personal computers, or forms. You will verify that the goods match the transaction and ensure that goods are identified accurately.
- Ensure that your powered equipment license is kept current.
- Follow ISO work instructions related to the position and other departmental requirements.
- Know and practice corporate, plant, and department safety policies.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area free from debris on floor, racks, dock areas, and trailers.
- Meet overtime requirements.
- Meet team, department, and plant goals.
- Meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Move product, components, or materials to or from production areas, warehouse rack locations, staging areas, and trailers in a safe, accurate, and timely manner.