Material Area Supervisor - Sterling Heights, MI
The Material Area Supervisor is responsible for managing multiple work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment. This position will be responsible for coordinating daily activities to achieve business metrics and implementing Lean tools and processes as it relates to material flow. The Material Area Supervisor will be required to create and develop highly functioning teams, make tough calls and act quickly and decisively while holding themselves and others accountable.
- Highschool diploma or GED required
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Business a plus
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Strong background in LEAN manufacturing systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.