Supervisor- Business Operations HFMG - Grosse Pointe Park, MI
This position covers the following locations: Pierson, Cottage, Cottage ED, Hamtramck, Harbortown and East Jefferson
Responsible for the supervision of the Business Operations offices and ensures optimal functioning in the areas of customer service excellence and operational quality and efficiency. Areas of focus and responsibility include: service excellence, reception environment, registration, scheduling, insurance verification and referral authorization, payment collection, daily cash management, data-driven management, and computer and telephone systems. Schedules employees and ensures appropriate staff coverage for clinic volume. May have oversight of multiple locations. Assists Manager with the implementation of organizational initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exercises overall leadership and administration of clinics' non-clinical operations
- Supervises Business Operations office employees. Responsible for all aspects of performance management including but not limited to performance evaluations, corrective action documentation and execution, completion by staff of mandatory training, staff growth and development.
- Interviews applicants; on-boards new hires
- Monitors Press Ganey scores for patient satisfaction indicators and manages accordingly
- Continually reinforces training to increase First Time Registration Quality for an accurate and complete registration
- Actively involved in daily problem solving, workload balancing, resolving workflow obstacles and bottlenecks, and interacting with dissatisfied patients
- Analyzes performance data and reviews with staff. Creates performance improvement plans when necessary based on data review.
- Creates optimal department functioning using data-driven management. Reports department performance and performance improvement plans to local leadership.
- Serves in a matrixed reporting relationship with a direct relationship to the Region Manager, Business Operations and an indirect relationship to Clinic Leadership.
- Works with Region Manager and Clinic Leadership to implement system initiatives and continuously examines and improves business processes.
- Assists in developing departmental budgets.
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as needed and/or directed.
- Recommends and develops implementation steps and procedures for policies. Coordinates the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Compiles data for and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports, analyses, and statements.
- Oversees telephone and computer functionality, provides hands-on technical support, training for staff, and key contact for IT team to address and resolve related issues.
- Maintains professional growth and development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Associates Degree in related field or 60 college credits.
- Proficient in all aspects of World Class Service Excellence:
- Service Recovery (HEART)
- Chief First Impression Officer
- Proficient with Epic EHR system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work with detailed information.
Must possess the following personal qualities:
- Self-directed, takes initiative
- Flexible and committed to the team concept; demonstrates teamwork
- Openness and willingness to new learning experiences; learns quickly
- Accepts and respects diversity without judgment
- Ability to work effectively with populations of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Dependable and punctual
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer