Production Welder - Marshall, MI
Apply appropriate welding process to meet specifications, inspect and repair welds as needed to support the production and assembly of exhaust pipe components. Perform as an active team member in performing other tasks within the cell. Participate in cell level BOS meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct weld process including completion of weld for thin metals and 360 degree rotation. Identify "good" and acceptable weld and those that are defective.
- Handle materials and tools, set-up complete appropriate weld processes and inspect all welds and products to assure weld specifications are met. This includes doing disposition of product that does not meet weld specifications and notifying the appropriate authority when defects are noted. In cases of more than a series of three product are defective the welder must inform the appropriate authority.
- Properly store all product on racks, containers or other designated storage.
- Perform as a team member of a cellular operating group, which requires the ability to learn, perform and rotate to other workstations within the cell.
- Perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance and safety standards.
- Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance on welding equipment to assure good, safe working conditions and complete daily forms.
- Apply appropriate welding process to weld and repair welds on parts per specifications.
- Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain supplies and parts required doing the job and performing proper setup of welding power supplies and controls.
- Inspect all welds to assure each meets quality standards, troubleshoot problems and make adjustments as required.
- Assist other employees in cell group when welding is not required
- Clean welding station and maintain neatness in the surrounding work areas.
- Assist the team in 5S advancements
- Assist in the implementation of Lean Principles.
- Ability to weld on any line and train temporary and new welders.
*This list may not be all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Confined work space
- Weld flashes
- High noise levels
- Varying temperatures (hot to cold)
- Welding fumes and smoke
- Fast paced
- Extensive standing, walking, moderate bending, stooping, torso twisting, constant hand and arm motion
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate extreme hot temperatures
- Good visual ability
- Ability to sit frequently for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move about the plant in both the office and manufacturing areas.
- Knowledge and skills of five welding processes.
- Fuel Gas
- Stick Electrode
- Gas Metal Arc
- Gas Tungsten Arc
- Ability to set up welder, apply appropriate weld process, inspect weld and make necessary adjustments
- Ability to read and understand work orders, directions, charts, forms and safety regulations
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to correctly use and read various gauges
- Ability to work well with other employees in a team concept
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled