Plant Superintendent - Farwell, MI
Job Title: Plant Superintendent
Reports To: Mike Walkowski
Position Focus: Plans and directs, through subordinate levels of supervision, activities required to support production operations in assigned area(s) of responsibility. Responsibility includes, but is not limited to, quality, production, safety and cost control.
Scope: Requires limited supervision. Manages a broad functional area.
Education: BS/BA or equivalent experience.
Experience: Requires 6+ years experience.
Position Specific Requirements:
- Qualifications: We prefer an individual with a good understanding of seat manufacturing and systems, 4 year degree and/or related experience. Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Responsible for supervising a unit engaged in some segment of seat assembly.
- Help train new supervisors in the development and application of supervisory techniques and the use of equipment, and assist in the resolution of more complex work problems.
- Plan and organize work, checking procedures and equipment to insure conformance to operation description sheets and compliance with established priorities and schedules.
- Make-work assignments to employees assist and instruct them in proper assembly methods and procedures.
- Maintain production records and related paperwork.
- Investigate work problems, take necessary action to eliminate production delays, and recommend new procedures and equipment to improve quality or reduce costs.
- Oversee that equipment in unit is properly used and cared for, requesting repair or replacement.
- Explain company policies and regulations to subordinates, maintain effective personnel relationships, and recommend changes in employee status.
- Other duties as assigned.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Production supervisory staff & hourly employees
Lear Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.