Material Area Supervisor - Trenton, MI
The Stellantis Material Logistics Management (MLM) team is comprised of valuable individuals determined to deliver excellence with pride. We have a clear vision for success: "to provide service to our customers by delivering the right part, in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantity, and with quality". As a team, we persevere through challenges to provide winning results in our business.
The Material Area Supervisor is responsible for leading teams of hourly, bargaining employees in completing material receiving and delivery activities that enable the plant to meet daily production targets. This role directly supports daily production, the Material Area Supervisor is responsible for troubleshooting problems as they arise and allocating resources and manpower accordingly to resolve issues without impact to plant throughput performance.
The Material Area Supervisor participates in and promotes lean World Class Manufacturing (WCM) activities.
- Interacts with all levels of the organization including bargaining and non-bargaining hourly and salary employees as well as executive leadership
- Responsible for Manpower Management including Hourly Employee absenteeism, training and WCM Involvement
- Collaborates with Union Leadership to address Team Member concerns
- Responsible for monitoring and replenishing production lineside inventory stock levels
- Responsible for managing Material Handling Equipment including establishing safe operating procedures and arranging standard maintenance
- Responsible for daily reporting for area safety, quality, throughput performance and inventory control management
- High School degree or GED required
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor degree in technical field
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Strong background in LEAN manufacturing systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.