Manufacturing Associate- Louisville, KY $1,500 Sign-On Bonus (22043)
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Bonus: Direct hire position with a $1,500 sign on bonus!
Hourly Pay: $15.90
- Performs a variety of assembly operations and processes to make completed driveshafts using hand tools, jigs, fixtures, light power tools and equipment.
- Compares system components to customer orders and bills of material to assure completeness of system or components.
- Exercises responsibility for quantity and quality of product.
- Fits, aligns, calibrates and adjusts parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating equipment.
- Visually inspects parts to standards, repairs units and products that fail to meet requirements or returns flawed products for rework.
- As necessary, resolves mechanical or hydraulic problems encountered during assembly.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment as necessary.
- Performs all position responsibilities in a safe manner and in accordance with all prescribed time schedules.
- Supports total quality management objectives in a team environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six months of manufacturing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with quality assurance and light computer skills desired.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively and stand for approximately 90% of time.
- Able to read a tape measure and micrometer.
- Able to read and understand process work instructions.
- Ability and willingness to make suggestions to supervisor as to changes or improvements to be made in product or work area.
- Above average attendance record.
- Must be able to work overtime, off-shifts, weekends, holidays and shutdowns when necessary.
- Good attitude with co-workers and toward job responsibilities.