Center Manager - Stamping - Sterling Heights, MI
The Stamping Center Manager will be responsible for managing the Stamping operations consistent with World Class Manufacturing principles to maximize Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Moral and other internal metrics.
This role will manage a large, multi-shift operation, managing both hourly associates and salaried staff in this unionized facility. The Center Manager manages and leads the interface and collaboration of key stakeholders in the operations center, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Maintenance, Production, Materials Logistics, Human Resources, and Finance. In addition, the Center Manager will lead World Class Manufacturing and change management initiatives in the center, with a passion for excellence and delivery in all manufacturing and business initiatives.
The ideal candidate not only brings technical functional depth and credibility, but must also possess the requisite executive leadership traits and business acumen to interface with the Senior Manufacturing leadership and executive management team and develop, communicate, lead and motivate the Stamping Center Operations team.
This position will liaise with senior management in the plant to maximize overall quality and efficiency. The Center Manager directs and leads the Stamping Center in the plant while sharing best practices from continuous improvement initiatives to improve product development.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have a strong working knowledge of assembly/production processes, BIW facility operations,
- die equipment, stamping processes, logistics, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, manufacturing operation processes, quality systems,
- throughput, standardization, product/process launch
- Ability to effectively lead a diverse workforce, teach, coach and mentor employees to go above and
- beyond required operational and business objectives
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and develop the best teams while holding themselves
- and others accountable
- Ability to manage and coordinate complex projects while maintaining communications to
- Must be able to make tough calls quickly and decisively while maintaining a high level of integrity
- Must possess excellent presentation skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced or technical degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.