3rd Shift Press Operator - Traverse City, MI
Lear Corporation is searching for a 3rd shift Stamping Press Operator to join our expanding team. This position on 3rd shift would work from 11:00pm to 7:30am and offers overtime opportunities as well as an excellent benefit package including low deductible Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plans starting at $16.26 per week. To learn more about this position and working at Lear, please submit an application to speak to our Human Resources team.
- Stamp parts from raw material using various stamping presses.
- Feed stock through stripper plates.
- Operate presses.
- Attach reel to take-up.
- Exchange full reels for empty on take-up.
- Attach proper label and bar code to reels.
- Package properly for shipment.
- Visually inspect parts to see that surfaces are free of defects.
- Place scrap safely in the proper container.
- Keep water pans full and clean as needed.
- Check for loose tools, parts scrap, or any object that may fly from or jam the machine or tool.
- Band old stock on payoff.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of work area.
- Stamp parts from raw material using various types of stamping presses. Includes:
- Feeding stock through stripper plates.
- Actual operation of the press.
- Attaching finished goods to reel take-up.
- Exchanging full reels for empty on take-up.
- Attaching proper label and bar code to reels.
- Package properly in box for shipment.
- Visually inspect parts to see that surfaces are free of defects such as dents, cracks, rust and burrs during normal checks.
- Maintain and assure scrap is always placed, in a safe manner, in the proper container. Keep water pans full and clean as needed.
- Check for unnecessary loose tools, parts scrap, or any object that may fly from or jam the machine or tool when machine is activated.
- Visually inspect entire press to see that it is in proper operating condition.
- Remove old stock from payoff and band as soon as M.O. is completed, check back-up board and prepare material for next job. Order stock ahead of time whenever practical.
- Responsible for training associates in classification.
- Responsible for maintaining work area in proper housekeeping manner, including cleaning scrap pans and sweeping inside enclosures or around press.
- May be required to work out of normal work area of assignment.
- Ability to use independent judgment in visual checks to determine if further attention by Quality Control is warranted.
- Basic understanding of personal computers for data entry purposes.
- Six months experience in a Press Operator capacity desired for external candidates, experience preferred but not required for internal candidates.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids which may be representative but not all inclusive, of those commonly associated with this type of work include stamping press, reel take-ups, tin snips, "go-no-go" gages, allen wrenches, screwdrivers, air gun, shovel, tape dispenser, stock pay-offs, brooms, stock nibbler.
- And more.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, are encouraged to apply.