2nd Shift Material Handler - Traverse City, MI
Lear Corporation is seeking a 2nd shift Material Handler to join our expanding team. This position pays $13.50 and is a full-time, direct hire position that includes our excellent health insruance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.Job Description
Material Handler Essential Functions:
- Support and maintain production requirements by keeping presses adequately supplied with raw materials.
- Pull, weigh and record scrap.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Operate hi-lo truck.
- Construct boxes.
- Retrieve stock.
- Stock incoming parts/material.
- Perform weight counts, as necessary, and adjust inventory.
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of work area.
- Perform other duties related to material handling as required by supervisor
- Basic store keeping knowledge, ability to use independent judgment in packing, stacking and arranging shipments & prioritizing jobs.
- Basic understanding of personal computers and scanners.
- Pulling/moving raw material to the production floor equal to and including replacing filters for injection molding and document move tags as necessary for stamping
- Clean/maintain auxiliary equipment up to and including scrap hoppers, grinders, and loaders
- Knowledge and understanding of material transactions and storage process in QAD
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Ability to pass OSHA Hi-Lo test required
- Operate Hi-Lo truck:
- Deliver raw material to production floor.
- Remove finished parts from press and replace reels.
- Weigh and record data from full scrap containers
- Weigh and record rejected stock.
- Construct boxes for production reels, fill with empty reels, and keep production area stocked.
- Keep production area stocked with containers and pallets.
- Pull scrap according to scrap tickets and reports per order requirements. Involves matching scrap tickets, weighing scrap, and balancing scrap sheet. Scrap is staged for loading.
- Put incoming plating parts/audit away.
- Perform weight counts.
- Stock cardboard as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, are encouraged to apply.