Senior Manager, External Reporting and Technical Accounting - Battle Creek, MI
As the Senior Manager, External Reporting and Technical Accounting, you will be a key contributor and provide oversight to the monthly financial consolidation and reporting process. In addition, you will assist in evaluating and concluding on complex technical accounting matters. With your expertise and experience you will be helping to ensure timely, complete, and accurate financial data. This position is also a key contributor to the preparation and review of quarterly and annual external financial statements and related disclosures. You will assist with providing accounting policy guidance to the broader finance organization and staying connected with key finance contacts to understand business initiatives and how those might impact financial reporting and disclosures.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Collaborate: Contribute to the Company’s monthly consolidated financial reporting process as well as quarterly and annual SEC reporting required in support of 10Q/10K filings, quarterly earnings releases, and other filing requirements.
- Innovate: Research, analyze and drive the implementation of complex technical accounting guidance across the Company.
- Enhance: Drive ongoing compliance with Kellogg Accounting Policies through consultation and interaction with key stakeholders across the business.
- Nurture: Educate Kellogg employees about accounting policies and the application to their business situations. Provide guidance to selected areas associated with financial reporting.
- Sustain: Maintain active engagement with various finance groups and key contacts to identify initiatives that will impact technical accounting requirements and/or financial results of the Company and provide guidance to those teams as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification desired but not required.
- 5+ years of progressive finance experience for a large public company or public accounting firm including experience in global financial reporting and SEC reporting requirements.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Strong research and implementation skills.
- AND MORE...