Material Office Manager - Detroit, MI
The Material Office Manager is responsible for participating in the daily operations associated with plant production control activities including: Parts Follow-Up, Plant Scheduling, Engineering Change Management and Inventory Records. This role directly supports daily production. This individual is responsible for mitigating material inventory concerns without impact to plant throughput performance. The Material Office Manager is also responsible for directly managing a cross-functional team of salaried bargaining employees, accountable for employee hiring, training, performance and retention.
The Material Office Manager participates in and promotes lean World Class Manufacturing (WCM) activities.
- Responsible for Manpower Management including Salary Bargaining Employee absenteeism, training, performance and WCM Involvement
- Responsible for participating in Inventory Management activities including the Annual Physical Inventory Audit, Excess and Obsolete Material Mitigation Activities and Parts Record Integrity
- Responsible for Managing and Mitigating Financial Transactions associated to Production Control Operations
- Responsible for interacting with Supply and Carrier Base and Internal Partners to resolve top issues
- Interacts with all levels of the organization including bargaining and non-bargaining hourly and salary employees as well as executive leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment focused in production control, supply chain or material handling
- Ability to demonstrate lean manufacturing knowledge and application
- Ability to direct the workforce and deliver results on Key Performance Indicators
- Experience in resolving employee conflicts with professionalism and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- World Class Manufacturing Logistics Pillar knowledge / Lean Manufacturing
- Experience working in a unionized environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.