Machine Operator - 2nd & 3rd Shift - Zeeland
As a Machine Operator, you'll perform multiple processes using a variety of equipment in a manufacturing setting, depending upon department processes. You will produce a high quality product delivered in a timely manner to satisfy customers. You'll solve problems with the assistance of other team members and seek continuous improvement. All of your work will be completed with a high regard for the safety of others and yourself. You'll also learn via cross-training in other departments.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Calculate and derive dimensional information from all types of dimensional drawings.
- Commit to meeting overtime requirements.
- Complete required paperwork correctly to ensure record accuracy.
- Consistently perform Statistical Process Control (SPC)/quality checks by utilizing measurement tools and devices.
- Consistently perform to Standard Work Instructions at each process and request changes when needed.
- Employ flexibility to meet team, department, and plant goals.
- Know and practice corporate, plant, and department safety guidelines.
- Know and practice quality requirements according to specified quality criteria.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment according to 5S and department safety guidelines.
- Participate in Herman Miller Performance System (HMPS) improvement activities within current department or other departments.
- Perform a minimum of 75 percent of the jobs in the department at the required rate (cycle time).
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Perform multiple activities using various processes and equipment, routinely or when called upon, according to department needs.
- Read and understand routings and drawings to produce parts to quality expectations.
- Rotate through department work stations based on business need.
- Set up, load, and operate manufacturing equipment.