Sr. Logistics Manager - Novi, MI
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
This position is accountable for carrier sourcing activities including negotiations, selection, on-boarding, and performance and will lead salaried team members responsible for freight audit, engineering, and ocean transportation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Carrier Sourcing, On-Boarding, Performance
- Understand global logistics environment, capacity, and market trends
- Submit RFQ's and negotiate rates
- Administer carrier contracts and spot buys while ensuring compliance
- Complete carrier on-boarding and participate with any required training
- Establish strategic relationships with carriers
- Facilitate regular meetings with carriers to review performance and improvement opportunities
- Address escalations relating to carrier service issues
- Ensure internal programs reflect correct rates that are aligned to carrier contracts
- Verify carrier invoice accuracy
- Investigate billing discrepancies and interact with carriers to understand cause and resolution
- Accountable for using internal programs to process freight payments for clients
- Prepare accrual reports to properly recognize carrier payment liabilities
- Oversee the initiation of freight claims and ensure timely resolution
- AND MORE...