Pre-Series Specialist - Auburn Hills, MI
The Pre-Series Logistics Professional is a critical leadership role within Material Logistics Management (MLM). It is a corporate-based position with a focus on building an understanding of FCA systems and processes to ensure timely material availability for pre-production builds. The successful candidate will use their inventory management skills to work closely with the supply base and various functional areas (i.e. Program Management, Purchasing, Supplier Operations, Engineering, Vehicle Planning, and Plant Scheduling/Specifications/Follow-Up) across multiple platforms to identify root-cause, prioritize, report, escalate and resolve supply issues in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment. Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hold self and program team accountable for the successful delivery of pilot parts in time to meet the pilot build;
- Ensure program milestone deliverables are executed correctly and on time, escalating to the right stakeholders when they are missed;
- Root-causing constrained part supply issues and drive resolution;
- Work with Plant MLM to ensure record integrity of received pilot parts;
- Interact with the supply base, confirm their shipping plans and offer training as needed;
- Lead critical part discussions with accurate information and effectively manage the priority items;
- Report pilot part delivery status to executive level Management at different types of meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Material or Operational Management, Logistics, Business Administration or equivalent degree completed
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Plant Material Logistics Management; Change Management; or Supply Chain
- Computer proficient (spreadsheet, graphing, presentation and portal applications)
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to travel within US, Canada and Mexico
- Able to proficiently execute Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.