Global Logistics Manager - Grand Rapids, MI
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
The primary purpose of this position is to support on-time delivery of products in a cost effective manner.
What You'll be Doing:
- Carrier selection and performance management to meet 100% on-time promotion and 99% on-time replenishment.
- Vendor Management to support on-time shipping and arrival.
- Executing against supply chain plans at lowest transportation cost while maintaining on-time service.
- Manage carriers to 99% or greater on-time performance.
- Facilitate timely and accurate freight bill payment.
- Efficiently coordinate in-bound deliveries from global origins to distribution centers; support distribution centers' operational goals.
- Lead team in line with Meijer code of ethics and business conduct.
- Leading team in achieving operational excellence while developing future supply chain leaders.
- Stay current in profession, and develop and implement new ideas.
- Collaborate with peers across the function and lead initiatives as appropriate.
- Manage external business relationships in line with Meijer code of ethics and business conduct.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- AND MORE...