Launch Manager - Detroit, MI
The Launch Manager at our Detroit Nevada manufacturing facility is responsible for executing successful product launches and is responsible for assisting the execution of products under development to ensure all objectives are fulfilled.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensures the product meets or exceeds Company quality standard and is delivered at the right time.
- Facilitates the communication and interaction amongst the functional department representatives.
- Alerts management of program risks in an appropriate timeframe; continuously identifies risk factors and seeks to mitigate adverse impact.
- Assists in preparation of materials for team meetings.
- Helps address and resolve program "roadblocks" through the appropriate functional managers or functional directors.
- Accepts leadership of the program during launch approach phase and beyond.
- Ensures the Company's production line is ready to start production aligning to the customer's launch milestone.
- Provides leadership for continuous improvement activities post launch.
- Ensures internal and external documentation requirements are met.
- Recommend and lead efforts to improve existing processes to improve the business.
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of reports and presentations.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, external vendors or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Advantages of working at Lear in the Detroit group:
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Participate in a Self-Directed Work Team Environment and contribute to establishing the plant culture of a World Class Operation.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum five years of automotive related product launch or program management experience.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with TS 16949, IATF 16949, APQP and PPAP
- Proven experience using common continuous improvement tools (i.e. Six Sigma, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail with accuracy.
- Good organizational skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Forward thinking individual with the ability to plan ahead and deliver results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs with ability to create presentation material and present to customers and upper management.
Bonus If You Have:
- Automotive Seating Experience
- Experience supporting a General Motors Program Launch utilizing PDCA methodology
- MBA or Master's degree in a related field
- Solid understanding and ability to use multiple problem-solving tools such as: Fishbone and Ishikawa Diagrams, 8-D's, Is / Is Not, 5 Why's, etc.
- Knowledge of seating systems; lean manufacturing techniques, and just in time environments.