Senior Software Engineer
As a Technology team member, you’re empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit and build a career customized by you because at Rocket, you can. We are creating digital products that solve life’s most complex moments. You’ll get the chance to shape the future of tech, have your voice heard, get ahead in your career and develop your skills. With a tech career here, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive experience working with Typescript, Node.js, and React
- Experience with NestJs and Next.JS preferred
- Design and implement APIs based on architecture guidelines and frameworks
- Experience creating and executing unit, functional, exploratory, and performance tests
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing techniques (preferably AWS), CI/CD tools, relational database technology, OOP, authentication and authorization, and modern software design patterns
- Experience with modern debugging and root cause analysis techniques
- Expert knowledge of Git and GitHub
- An understanding of system designs for High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Performance, Efficiency, and Security
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll use various technologies to design, develop, improve, test and/or maintain software that meets user needs. In this role, you'll mentor other software engineers and act as an application owner. This is an opportunity to take a lead role in software design and code reviews, assist with delivery estimates, and provide feedback about all aspects of the process.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the stack Modify existing software to fix errors, improve the overall quality and functionality, or update integrations with other software
- Analyze user needs to determine how software should be built or if existing software should be modified
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions, and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed
- Determine root cause for complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions
- Translate business requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software
- Process and understand capabilities and limitations of data outputs from the software
- Understand and assist with the technical infrastructure of an application or system
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Anticipate and communicate blockers, delays, and cost ballooning within the team’s projects before they require escalation
- Ensure expectations with the team and external stakeholders are clarified between all parties involved
- Mentor other software engineers
- Proactive in making suggestions and taking the initiative to improve quality and security
- Participate in discussions about the team’s future vision and strategy
- Participate in on-call responsibilities, responding with urgency and handling errors with no assistance
- Serve as a cultural role model for the rest of the team
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado, New York City, California, and Washington Candidates Only. The salary range for this position is seventy-nine thousand five hundred dollars to one hundred sixty-nine thousand five hundred dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K retirement plan, and paid-time off. More information regarding these benefits and others can be found here. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position.