Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer.?We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here. Apply today to join a team that offers career growth, amazing benefits and the chance to work with leading industry professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 7 years of experience with quality assurance, testing strategies, methodologies and analyzing application failures/defects
- 7 years of experience with web-based applications
- 7 years of experience in automated testing and automated testing tools
- 7 years of experience with commonly used object-oriented programming languages.
- Knowledge of one major programming language (C#, .NET, C/C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge on Kubernetes /Rancher
- Knowledge of APIs, network protocols and GUI interfaces, services, and SQL/NoSQL
- Knowledge of Git and Work management tool
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- 10 years of experience with quality assurance, testing strategies, methodologies and analyzing application failures/defects
- 10 years of experience with web-based applications
- 10 years of experience in automated testing and automated testing tools
- 10 years of experience with commonly used object-oriented programming languages.
- Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and communication tools
- AWS certifications
The Quality Architect improves the overall reliability of software systems through designing and implementing automated solutions and strategies for the enterprise. This team member plays a significant role being a thought leader in the space providing subject matter expertise and knowledge in various quality and reliability concepts – The quality architect is solution oriented with a track record of solving quality problems for the Enterprise, applying, and creating principles, concepts, and standards and driving effective plans to deliver valuable, measurable outcomes and impact to the organization.
- Facilitate collaboration across delivery teams to ensure implementation of overall standards, best practices, and continuous improvement topics, such as unit testing, continuous delivery, code reviews and test automation.
- Identify, plan, and solve quality and reliability problems by creating effectives strategies and manage execution plans around the solutions.
- Play a key role in identifying and establishing quality and reliability goals based on gaps and verification of the impact to the organization.
- Collaboratively define and keep quality standards current, including quality metrics for projects and products.
- Mentor, train and support other teams and team members in overall quality processes and strategy, automation, high availability, test case/data management, disaster recovery, security, and full integration testing.
- Be an advocate for positive technological and quality changes.
- Design, create and build next-generation, quality-focused architectures, and concepts and solutions.
- Develop quality best practices, process changes, standards, and continuous process improvement topics (unit testing, continuous integration, code reviews, etc.), and build highly maintainable and reusable automation modules.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on issues that impact product quality, performance, scalability, and system stability.
- Effectively facilitate and drive the quality of an application, including testing strategy, design, code review and retrospective sessions, and perform this process for multiple teams and applications.
- Maintain an intense curiosity and devotion to keeping skills current with market trends and researching newer tools and ideas within the industry.
- Oversee projects and products to ensure overall system quality and test to see if automation deliverables and standards are being met.
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.?
Colorado, New York City, California, and Washington Candidates Only.?The salary range for this position is one hundred twenty-three thousand five hundred dollars to two hundred sixty thousand dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K retirement plan, and paid-time off. More information regarding these benefits and others can be found here. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position.