IT Portfolio Manager (Hybrid - Jackson, MI)
At Consumers Energy, we offer more than just a place to work. We foster a culture that supports career development, growth, and stability, and we take pride in offering our co-workers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are deliberately creating an inclusive culture that makes our diverse team of co-workers feel valued, supported, and empowered every day. We're a company made up of thousands of people, all with different stories to share and work to do, but we stand united in our company purpose: world class performance delivering hometown service.
This position manages teams of people responsible for project management, system enhancements, operational support of information technology systems, financial budgeting and forecasting, and team development. Projects can exceed $1M and there are usually several in flight, operational budget managed is $2-3M, # of people managed on the team can range up to 10 employees and up to 10 contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead People (lead, inspire, manage, counsel, develop, assign, hire, fire, plan workforce needs, manage contractors and 3rd party consultants)
- Deliver Projects and Enhancements (project management, application deployment, change management, balance multiple priorities)
- Support Systems (application support, monitoring, end user support, crisis management)
- Lead special efforts (process improvement, cross-department initiatives, special projects)
- Manage Financials (budget, forecast, track actuals, 5 year planning)
- People development and leadership – A managerial position, leading team leads and potentially other managers. Results need to be accomplished through others.
- Project & Program management – Responsible for the delivery of multiple concurrent projects, ranging in complexity and risk. This position must manager project managers effectively.
- Technology Application Operational Support – Responsible for the people who support the company’s most important, most complex technology applications and needs to know how to run application operations while in crisis and while in steady state.
- Financial management – Budgets, tracks and forecasts millions of dollars.
- Influencing and Relationship Management – Interfaces with lines of business and serves as a main liaison with the IT department. Needs to be skilled at relationship building and maintenance, politics, communication and influencing