Cloud System Engineer
As a Rocket Companies®’ team member, you’re empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit, and build a career customized by you because – At Rocket, You Can.
We are tackling the biggest problems at scale that need solving from innovators like yourself – those seeking to challenge the status quo, dive deeply into technology, solve client issues, and leverage our tech platform to deliver distinct, innovative solutions. Not only will you become part of the team reshaping the fintech industry, you will also have opportunities to contribute to our mission, which transcends far beyond the bottom line and into the communities in which we live and work.
- 3 years of experience building and deploying applications with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or across multiple on-premises data centers
- 2 years of experience with scripting languages, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and configuration languages
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology or a related field
- Expertise with containerization, especially Kubernetes
- Experience with implementing improvements in areas such as maintainability, scalability, availability, extensibility and security
- Expertise with distributed tracing, application performance monitoring, diagnostic tooling and the golden signals – preferably DynaTrace
- Experience in applying distributed architecture design principles for high-performing, scalable software and services
- Experience maintaining, monitoring and recovering technical components, such as software applications, relational and non-relational databases, messaging systems and service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) tooling – preferably CircleCI
- Working knowledge of information security best practices
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation for production support
- Professional-tier certification in AWS (Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer), GCP (Cloud Architect or Cloud DevOps Engineer) or Microsoft Azure (DevOps Engineer Expert or Azure Solutions Architect Expert)
- Experience improving platform resiliency, as well as incident response and resolution
- Conceptual, development and production support expertise with orchestration and abstraction platforms
- Expertise building and supporting production services for a large-scale Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application
- Expertise facilitating technical/architectural deliberations and trade-off analyses for decisions that cross multiple domains
- Experience in a production multi-cloud architecture
As a Cloud System Engineer, you will handle building and integrating server infrastructure as well as ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organizational functions.
- Build and maintain automation and tooling that reduces toil
- Troubleshoot advanced deployment and cloud infrastructure issues
- Monitor and own the cloud ecosystem for multiple collaborating development teams
- Provide support for Cloud Identity and Access Management
- Collaborate with developers to build and maintain solutions using cloud infrastructure
- Provide expert support for cloud resources on tech incidents
- Partner with the business and other technology teams to develop and support new technologies
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado, New York City, California, and Washington Candidates Only. The salary range for this position is seventy thousand dollars to one hundred forty-seven thousand five hundred dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K retirement plan, and paid-time off. More information regarding these benefits and others can be found here. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position.