Senior Data Architect #322
Join our dynamic, progressive team of IT professionals in an environment where you can learn, grow, and be an integral part of creating innovative technology solutions to help our business flourish. Become a part of our rich heritage that has grown from a small family business to a global organization with a presence in over 180 countries.
At the heart of the Kellogg Company is technology — a key enabler of how we market, sell and manufacture our well-known and beloved brands to consumers around the globe.
We have an opening for you to grow with us as a Senior Data Architect in Oak Brook, IL.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Architecture Strategy: You’ll partner with cross functional teams to identify opportunities and support the development of new sustainable best practice approaches. As Senior Data Architect, you’ll provide subject matter expertise on data architecture, that includes designing, creating, deploying and managing Kellogg’s analytics data architecture that aligns with direction, best practices, and standards defined within Kellogg.
Architecture Roadmap: The Data Architect must stay abreast of industry technology trends and direction as it relates to the Analytics trends and be able to present applicable advances and changes to help drive future looking initiatives.
Design and Delivery: You’ll function as the primary point of contact for any relevant data architecture consultation required by IT Delivery teams. The Architect will evaluate and approve technical design specifications, serving as a primary support contact during project rollout or POC iteration.
Technical Expert: Architecting global data solutions to enable best-in-class global analytic platforms, business intelligence, reporting and analytic capabilities. Being responsible for Data architecture and data modeling for projects from requirements through implementation by serving as an SME and educator to the organization and supplier partners. Apply data management and architecture expertise in developing solution architecture and advanced analytics solution design.
Designing data architecture patterns and ecosystems including data stores (operational systems, data lakes, data warehouses, data marts), ingress patterns (API, streaming, ETL/ELT), and egress patterns (analytics/decision tools, BI tools). Leads, consults or oversees multiple architectural engagements.
Some of the other responsibilities include but not limited to -
- Analyze, assess, document and design scalable and sustainable data architecture and data transformation processes within a large analytics pipeline
- Work with stakeholders to understand the limitations and constraints of current data architecture (models, transformations, pipelines).
- Design, develop and maintain analytics data model
- Develop subject matter expertise in both the data and the process/analytic domains
- Oversee or review the implementation of improvements to the data architecture, providing feedback and guidance to product developers, data scientists, and product owners.
- Facilitate design discussions and assist with decision making & guidance during development.
Team Collaboration: The Architect will collaborate with various teams/regions in driving facilitating data design, identifying architectural risks, and developing and refining data models and architecture frameworks. Ideal candidates shall deliver thoughtful Analytics solutions, and work collaboratively with a team of developers in an agile environment, Ensure Performance and Scalability based on anticipated demand.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Expertise in Analytics data architecture and data modeling
- Expertise working in relational as well as Big Data platforms
- Expertise in Data Engineering, Data Lake, Data Warehousing and Reporting/Analytics
- Expertise building Data Lakes and Data Warehouses in AWS using Cloud services such as AWS Redshift, S3, Athena, EMR, Glue etc
- Expertise in data analysis and writing and developing complex queries using SQL
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop and deliver presentations on data architecture and data design
- Good understanding of SAP Data
- A passion for using technology to drive value and increase productivity
- A history of being a self-starter, innovative and creating success in ambiguous situations, driving results through influence and a passion for excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or other related field
- Experience working across regions/global teams
- Experience working in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
- Experience in Data Science & Machine Learning
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, please reach out to USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com
LET’S CREATE THE FUTURE OF FOOD