2022 Summer Corporate Tax Internship - Detroit, MI
Corporate Tax Internship
The Tax College Intern will learn about the various functions with Corporate Tax, which include compliance, information reporting, and tax accounting. The Tax College Intern will also partner with internal business units, in assisting with Finance Transformation (DigiFi) in addressing impacts on Corporate Tax. This Tax Summer Internship position has no direct reports.
Successful candidates possess problem solving and analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, planning and organizational skills, manage time effectively, work effectively with teams and has good verbal and written communication skills.
- Learn corporate tax compliance due dates, prepare quarterly estimates.
- Learn to administer other software programs for the tax department.
- Compile tax workpapers for preparation of federal and applicable state/local returns.
- Collaborate with compliance and audit on various projects and processes.
- Perform necessary research to support understanding of related tax compliance or other technical tax issues.
- Enhance and develop communication and problem-solving skills.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- College level of Junior or Senior Status; expected graduation December 2021 or May 2022
- Accounting major, MST
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Two Accounting or Tax courses completed
- Six months of word-processing, spreadsheet and database software experience
- Six months of project coordination/participation, multi-tasking experience