2021 DTE Summer Student Program - Southeast Michigan, Detroit, MI
Applications for our Summer Student Program will be open from Dec. 1 through Feb. 28, 2021
DTE's popular Summer Student Program is now accepting applications for students interested in working for DTE during the Summer. To make the application process easier, we have streamlined all Southeast Michigan, non-union jobs to this posting (except for our Fermi Nuclear location). If you want to get professional experience, preferably in a field of your study, all you need to do is apply to this posting - regardless of your major. For those who are interested in working at the Fermi Nuclear Facility, please apply to their separate summer job posting (s).
During the application process, you will be asked a series of questions. These questions will be used to best match your interests and background to one of our hundreds of opportunities. Our goal is to match you with an opportunity that will help enhance your education. Please make sure to answer all the questions, so we can make the best match possible.
Recruiters will begin reaching out to students from December through March, of the following year to set up interviews and provide job details. All students will be notified, whether they have been accepted, by the end of April. Students will either begin working in May or June. Summer Student employment typically ends in August. Students participating in Summer Student program must end their employment, no later, then after 120 calendar days from their start.
Degrees typically hired by DTE for the Summer Student program, include, but are not limited to: Engineering (all types), Science (all types), English, IT Related, Communications, Journalism, Forestry, Business Admin/Mgt, Accounting/Finance, Math/Stats, GIS, Geography, Construction Mgt, Metrology, Media Arts related, Human Resources, Marketing, Economics, Undeclared Majors, etc...
For more information on our program, please visit the Student Employment section on our career webpage.
- Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Must have an active student status, in college, during period of work (attending school in the two terms leading up to the summer employment). Those individuals who graduate from college, prior to starting work, are not eligible for the program.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate in the program.
- Have a 2.5 minimum, cumulative GPA.
- College students will be asked to provide an official transcript as proof of eligibility prior to receiving an offer letter of employment. High School Seniors will be asked to provide a college acceptance letter prior to receiving an offer letter of employment.
- Seniors graduating from high school, who will be attending college in the Fall term, are eligible to participate, if they meet age requirements.
- All students must be, at least, 18 years of age by the time they start working in May or June of to be eligible.
- Some positions will require driving. Those positions will require the student to have a valid driver's license, a reliable means of transportation and an acceptable driving record.