Billing Specialist II - Bingham Farms, MI
Under minimal supervision, is responsible for the Henry Ford Health System Insurance accounts receivable. Identifies and determines in accordance with established policies and procedures - the accuracy and completeness of patient financial, insurance and demographic patient information to ensure compliant claims to Third party payers. Resolves problem accounts from payer denials and follows up on any claims that require a payer response. Responsible for the billing and collection of payments for all Henry Ford Health System hospitals, outpatient clinics and employed physicians.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience in an office environment or healthcare-related field, required.
- Prior experience in a healthcare revenue cycle position, preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology, preferred. Knowledge of CPT/HCPCS revenue codes, preferred.
- College course work in accounting, business or Health Care Administration, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisor, and manager.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required to effectively prioritize workflow to meet third party requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer