Senior Technology Manager, IT Risk - Auburn Hills, MI
The Senior Technology Manager provides thought leadership to deliver creative and efficient technical solution. Leads the development of strategic plans for products and/or initiatives. This role is responsible for leading their resources to develop high level delivery plans based on a set of objectives (scope, delivery and technical approaches, risk, assumptions, staffing plans, other cost, and ongoing operational plans and cost). Supported by a team of IT Risk professionals, the TCO Sr. Technology Manager will be responsible for management and oversight of IT Risk and Audit initiatives impacting Comerica Technology. Previous audit or risk management experience and CISA or CRISC certifications are preferred.
- Proactively identify IT risks and strengthening IT controls by 1) working with TS to analyze, evaluate and verify IT controls, processes and procedures, 2) documenting self-identified control gaps, 3) advising and supporting in the development of action plans and compensating controls to eliminate or reduce risks, 4) tracking, reporting and driving progress of remediation activities.
- Proactively review IT risk control frameworks, processes and procedures looking for opportunities for optimization to increase efficiency and effectiveness and eliminate redundant processes.
- Raise awareness and visibility of IT risk issues that require management focus.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships by effectively communicating and regularly sharing information, issues/points of interest, learnings and knowledge with the team, internal and external business partners.
- Promote and foster a cohesive team and positive work environment that encourages innovation, creativity and collaboration.
- Support management and other team members in the achievement of individual, divisional and team goals.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and results-oriented and be committed to adding value to the team.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in teams with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment-- ability to determine which issues to escalate vs. to resolve independently and provide suggestions for possible resolution.
- Partner with corporate functional leaders and execute a technology strategy that will enhance overall business capabilities.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends and issues in information technology.
- Continuously transform the organization to building a proactive risk culture.
- Partner with innovation team to test and learn emerging technology and its viable applicability to enhance corporate business capabilities.
Delivery Planning and Execution
- Provides insights on risks based on broad experience. Develops project risk profile, mitigation plan and contingency plan.
- Lead the development, management and maintenance of IT Risk strategies, processes and procedures for TS
- Direct, oversee, and plan IT risk initiatives.
Technology/Operational/ Risk Control
- Lead integration and synergy between architecture/technology planning and development initiatives, providing direction and decisions in application development to support platforms.
- Cultivate good system management disciplines including clearly defined and documented roles and responsibilities, documented phase processes and checkpoint and detailed planning for system deployment.
- Ensures compliance and control activities support technology and enterprise business objectives and are aligned with executive risk tolerances and expectations.
- Ensures processes and controls within assigned area to enhance performance, security, reliability and availability of systems.
- Manage the financials of the assigned area with attention to the details of budgets while exhibiting a strict cost discipline and financial performance.
- Manage and develop team cultivating a spirit of one team with shared goals and objectives.
- Select, motivate and retain high performing talent.
- Work with senior leaders to evolve culture and organizational behavior, elevating technology into a strategic partner.
- Act as the principal technology advisor to corporate organizations and a champion for identifying, leading and driving information technology transformation.
- Bachelor's Degree or High School diploma or GED and 14 years of experience
- 10 years of experience leading large, complex/critical technology projects
- 8 years of experience influencing strategy for large organizations
- 6 years of experience managing others
- 5 years of experience with the concepts and practices of IT risk management, IT process and related controls.
- 2 years of experience with various Systems and Platforms (including Distributed Systems, Unix/Linux, Mainframe, Active Directory)
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Must have indefinite employment authorization