IT Business Analyst – Geographical Information Systems (GIS) - Pontiac, MI
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of ESRI software in providing GIS liaison duties between the Information Technology department and other County departments, municipalities, and local agencies. As a senior technical employee, is very knowledgeable of GIS related business practices, facilitates work group sessions to ascertain needs, identifies user problems and their solutions, and determines process flow. Works with user committees to design proposals for improved applications. Supports analytical functions by assisting programmers in ascertaining user needs and adapting user procedures to final program design. May develop scope and approach for application projects. Responsible for GIS product training and support programs. Serves as a liaison between the GIS team and other County departments, municipalities and local agencies to address technical support issues and training requirements. Provides classroom instruction and training in the ESRI software environment. Is responsible for the administration and support of GIS Applications. Tests and debugs GIS software and developed applications.
Within CLEMIS, possesses and applies knowledge of how Geographical Information Systems (GIS) are utilized with public safety applications such as computer-aided dispatch (CAD), Next generation 911 (NG911), Mobile Data Computers (MDC), Automatic Vehicle Locator (AVL), Crime Analysis, and Police and Fire Records. Utilizes typical crime analysis methodology, processes and procedures, including but not limited to predictability, threshold analysis, tactical and administrative analysis, Community Oriented Policing, Data-Driven Approaches to Crime and Traffic Safety(DDACTS), and statistical analysis using pivot tables. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department-specific software to complete assignments.
1. A. Possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in GIS, Land Use Planning, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a major related to Geographic Information Systems; AND
B. Have had at least two (2) years of experience performing GIS related work using ESRI software. Applicable experience may include work related to the development and support of GIS systems. OR
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
2. A. Possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in any field of study; AND
Have had at least four (4) years of experience performing GIS related work using ESRI software. Applicable experience may include work related to the development and support of GIS systems. OR
3. A. Possess an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Fire Science, and Emergency Management; AND
B. Have had at least four (4) years of full-time work experience in the development and support of information systems within the assigned subject matter area: CLEMIS, GIS, Data Warehousing, Finance, Personnel, Public Safety, Law Enforcement, Fire Services, Emergency Management/Disaster Control, Project Management, Tax Appraisal/Equalization, Courts, Health & Human Services. OR4. A. Be a high school graduate or possess the General Education Development (GED) certification; AND
B. Have had at least six (6) years of full-time work experience in the development and support of information systems within the assigned subject matter area: CLEMIS, GIS, Data Warehousing, Finance, Personnel, Public Safety, Law Enforcement, Fire Services, Emergency Management/Disaster Control, Project Management, Tax Appraisal/Equalization, Courts, Health and Human Services.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six (6) month probationary period.