Apply online here.
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Cloud Developer at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Cloud Developer, you'll assist in the development and maintenance of cloud-based solutions as part of Herman Miller's "smart workplace" product offering. You will provide support for troubleshooting and fixing issues, making iterative improvements, and developing new features.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Sound Like You?
- Assist in the support and development of new features on production systems.
- Create architecture models and explain complex business ideas in a simplified manner.
- Develop integrations through APIs and service-oriented architectures.
- Develop on popular libraries and frameworks such as Node.js, MVC, and Angular.
- Ensure the effective design of business processes in the cloud.
- Maintain technology partnerships to drive impactful outcomes.
- Partner with the business to broker, integrate, and orchestrate new technologies aligned with business value streams.
- Perform process improvement and business alignment activities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of cloud-based and IoT solutions that comprise smart sensors/devices, wireless communication, mobile, web, and other applications.
- Utilize time management, critical thinking, and comprehension skills.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another relevant academic discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of experience with full life-cycle application development.
- Experience building scalable web applications.
- Technical skills, including: Node.js, Angular 2+, and C# / .NET.
- Proficiency with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proficiency with databases, both relational and non-relational, as well as SQL.
- Proficiency with development tools such as JIRA, GitHub, and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Understanding of best practices with team-based development using Git (commit cadence, branching, merging, etc.).
- Knowledge of software development patterns and best practices.
- Comprehension of object-oriented concepts.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of DB Design and software architecture.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technological development in software, web, and mobile technologies.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at both a business and technical level.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.