Labor Relations Specialist - Waterford, MI
Effectively manage employee concerns, complaints, and grievances for all union County employees. Oversee and conduct exit interviews for County employees. Offer coaching and counseling services to union employees who have workplace issues in alignment with policies and procedures. Participate as a member of the management team during arbitration hearings and provide assistance to lead counsel, as needed.
Additional job functions included but not limited to: Conduct thorough and in-depth investigation for employee matters to ensure a safe, collaborative, congenial work environment. Effectively communicate policies pertaining to organization practice and procedures, and accurately interpret and communicate Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) language. Collect and analyze incoming employee data and information. Coordinate Personnel Appeal Board hearings and arbitrations. Conduct key performance indicators reporting. Work collaboratively with all union representation and maintain positive working relationships with all respective unions. Adhere to all applicable regulatory standards to include but not limited to ADA, FLSA, DOL, and NLRB. Utilizes current county-wide and/or department-specific software to complete assignments.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in psychology, sociology, or other related field of study.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
2. Have had at least three (3) years of full-time labor relations experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
4. Successfully complete the six (6) month probationary period.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. CP or PHR, preferred.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office products.
4. High attention to detail.
5. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.