Program Assistant (Occupational Health) - Detroit, MI
Under minimal supervision, assists the Department Manager and staff in a variety of activities associated with an Occupational Health Corporate Client account, to include working with staff of power plants and service centers to design and implement data collection forms and databases; proactively informing client supervisors of departmental medical surveillance expectations and corresponding due dates; facilitating a convenient and efficacious examination process; project planning; tracking of employee physical examination components; and client liaison activities.
- Requires high school diploma or G.E.D. Associates degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years of project/office administrative support and coordination experience.
- Healthcare/business administration experience preferred.
- Previous business or public contact experience required to demonstrate knowledge of office procedures and customer service emphasis.
- Requires computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Visio, Careplus, Medipac, and PeopleSoft is desired.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to communicate with clients at all levels.
- Requires strong communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects within the constraints of deadlines and conflicting demands.
- Requires analytical/critical thinking abilities to assess a situation and determine necessary steps to complete task, with minimal supervision.
- Must be creative and able to grasp the big picture while focusing on details and desired outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer