Phlebotomist - Detroit, MI
Under regular supervision, and according to established procedures, performs a variety of routine laboratory support procedures including collecting, processing, order entry, and transport of laboratory specimens and materials. Interacts with patients, laboratory staff, and caregivers in a courteous and professional manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares patient specimens for laboratory testing with particular emphasis on the pre-analytic and post-analytic processes.
- Enters patient demographic and test order information into lab information systems according to training protocols and in a timely manner. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- May perform blood sample collection or phlebotomy as a primary duty in some locations and must demonstrated competency, productivity, and compassion on a sustained basis.
- Understands and follows HFHS Standards of Excellence to support a culture of exceptional customer service skills when interacting with patients, co-workers, and caregivers
- Reviews laboratory request forms for complete demographic and order entry information and resolves discrepancies as needed. Exercises care in specimen handling and order entry to protect the identify and integrity of samples.
- AND MORE...