Pharmacy Tech - Retail - Mercy Primary Care - Detroit, MI
The Retail Pharmacy Tech provides delegated pharmacy technical services to patients and other Health System departments. Responds to routine and urgent requests in a prompt and efficient manner requiring a moderate amount of independent judgment, a moderate level of technical knowledge and a high degree of accuracy. Supports Retail Pharmacy Services at the direction of the pharmacist.
Mercy Primary Care Center (MPCC) was established in March 2001 as a continuing ministry of Trinity Health on Detroit’s Eastside. MPCC serves the primary care needs of both uninsured and underinsured adults in Michigan by providing primary care, limited diagnostic testing and imaging, transportation and pharmaceuticals. Mercy Primary Care Center strives to eliminate the barriers to access to care that many individuals face. In addition, MPCC arranges for specialty care through relationships with specialists and partnerships with other organizations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience as a retail pharmacy technician.
- Certification/Licensure: Certification as a Pharmacy Technician and licensure in the State of Michigan are required
- Greets customers and Health System personnel. Compiles appropriate patient/customer information, including third-party coverage, medication history, appropriate personal information, etc., required to process a prescription.
- Processes and fills prescriptions and medication orders. Generates medication labels, auxiliary labels and documents for patient and pharmacy use. AND More.