Medical Assistant-Urogynecology - West Bloomfield, MI
Under direct supervision of the provider and nursing leadership, performs a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to assist in the quality and compassionate care provided to patients. These duties include the greeting and escorting of patients to the exam room; taking medical histories, the measurement and recording of vital signs; preparing patients for the examination/procedure; and assisting the physician during the examination/procedure. Demonstrates clinical competence as a Medical Assistant.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Patient Care:
- Perform initial-response screening following protocols approved by supervising physician.
- Escort patient to room and prepares patient for examination, procedure and treatment.
- Obtain vital signs and record in the EHR.
- Obtain, evaluate, and record patient history employing critical thinking skills.
- Prepare for, set up and assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments per protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare and administer oral, parenteral medications and immunizations as ordered by the supervising physician based on Henry Ford Medical Group medication policy. Documents medication administration following the six rights in the EHR.
- Maintain medication and immunization records.
- Documents care provider during patient visit in EHR.
- Recognize and respond to emergencies
- AND MORE...