Youth Peer Support Specialist (2021-86)
Position: Youth Peer Support Specialist
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Department/Location: Youth Peer Support Services Department
Starting Wage: $15.43 hourly rate, which equals to $32,099.81 annual salary. Comprehensive benefits package
Youth Peer Support Specialist (YPSS)
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. We are the community organization responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County. We need individuals who are passionate about making a difference by helping others.
We are seeking a Youth Peer Support Specialist to act as a support and resource for youth and young adults (YYA) receiving services in the behavioral health system. The YPSS will act as a key member of the treatment team by working with YYA one-on-one or in a group, supporting them in achieving goals through shared activities and interventions. This position will support youth empowerment by assisting YYA in developing skills to improve their overall functioning and quality of life while working collaboratively with other service team members involved in delivering the youth’s care.
This is a regularly scheduled position, Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm. No weekends or holidays.
Network180 has made the safety of our employees a priority. We provide Personal Protection Equipment to our employees and thorough safety and cleaning protocols are in place. Staff providing services in person are required to wear appropriate PPE Job interviews are being conducted via the internet.
- Ages 18-28 years old
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Willing and able to self-identify as a person who has or is receiving mental health services, currently in stable recovery, and is prepared to use that experience in helping others
- Knowledge and skills sufficient for establishing effective relationships with YYA who have a Serious Emotional Disturbance, their families, and team members
- Knowledge about mental illness and behavioral health issues, treatment and crisis planning
- Knowledge of public and private child-serving organizations
- Valid Michigan driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel in the community
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Certification as Youth Peer Support Specialist
- Experience receiving services as a youth in complex, child-serving systems – Community Mental Health, substance abuse treatment, juvenile justice, special education, foster care, Children’s Protective Services, etc.
- Experience leading and/or coordinating services for youth
- Knowledge about substance use disorders and recovery
- Familiar with community and mental health resources for YYA in Kent County
- Familiar with community and mental health resources for adults in Kent County
- Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
For a detailed job description and responsibilities please see pdf document attached to this posting. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates on E-Verify.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Assistance with the application process may be requested through the Human Resources Department at 616 336-3909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
Network180 will operate as an equal opportunity employer. Network180 will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected class status.