Utilization Review Specialist (2021-69) **REMOTE**
Position: Utilization Review Specialist/Clinical Care Coordinator
FTE: Full-time, Exempt
Bargaining Unit: UAW
Department/Location: Utilization Management
Starting Wage: $60,083.71 annual salary. Comprehensive Benefits package
Utilization Review Specialist/Clinical Care Coordinator
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. We are the community organization responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County. We need individuals who are passionate about making a difference by helping others.
We are seeking a full-time Utilization Review Specialist to provide oversight of the clinical aspects of our mental health, substance abuse intensive treatment and developmental disability services. This position will administer the review of individuals’ current or proposed treatment plan to identify appropriate clinical services, address potential barriers to discharge and assist in transitioning care to a lower intensity service setting.
The person in this position may be assigned to review adult behavioral health services, intellectual and developmental disability services and/or child and family services.
This is a Remote and full-time position, regularly scheduled Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 4:30pm
Job interviews are being conducted via the internet.
Any of these:
- Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW), or Limited Licensed Psychologist (LLP), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) with at least 5 years of clinical experience (2 years of clinical experience post licensure preferred); or
- Registered Nurse (RN) with at least 2 years of clinical experience in delivery of behavioral health services.
- Ability to interpret clinical summaries and apply established medical necessity criteria to make utilization decisions
- Thorough working knowledge of the practices and principles of psychological, emotional, and sociological assessment and diagnosis
- Thorough working knowledge of professional ethics and standards of practice
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, email, database management, and data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and skills and capabilities of bridging language/cultural barriers to Network180 services within diverse communities
- Remote work location and license must be in the State of Michigan
- Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued
- Experience in performing utilization review and/or providing clinical services in an intensive treatment setting is preferred.
- Experience providing behavioral health services in an intensive community-based setting preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
For a detailed job description and responsibilities please see pdf document attached to this posting. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates on E-Verify.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Assistance with the application process may be requested through the Human Resources Department at 616 336-3909 or email@example.com.
We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
Network180 will operate as an equal opportunity employer. Network180 will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected class status.