Program Coordinator, Global Health Initiative - Detroit, MI
Under minimal supervision leads the management, development and evaluation of a Global Health Initiative Program in order to successfully; develop program staff, monitor budgets, sustain financially and expand the program, provide strategic direction of the program, monitor and evaluate that overall program and individual project metrics are met.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall coordination and management of the program including all projects and budgets within the program.
- Is responsible for identifying funding opportunities and for the writing and submitting funding proposals.
- Is responsible for obtaining external funding to sustain projects and expand the program.
- Sets long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- Writes an annual operating plan to support the program.
- Develops program and project evaluation frameworks to assess strengths and weaknesses of the program and projects.
- Monitors the program activities on a regular basis and conducts an annual evaluation according to the evaluation framework.
- Recruits and interviews well qualified program staff as needed.
- Provides direction to program staff and gives input for performance reviews.
- Develops and monitors work plans for interns.
- Writes status reports on the program and projects for management and funders.
- Writes and submits abstracts to national conferences, and prepares manuscripts for submission to peer reviewed journals.
- Ensures that financial records for the program and projects are accurate and up to date.
- Reviews program and project expenses.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Reports to Global Heath Initiative Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Health Administration or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years progressively responsible experience in program leadership and operations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum of one (1) year grant writing and management experience.
- Global health experience, preferred.
- Qualitative and qualitative research experience, experience in the collection, storage and analysis of data, preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer