Vice President Primary Health - Detroit, MI
In partnership with the Chief Primary Health Officer develops and leads Primary Health across all markets of the Henry Ford Health System including strategy, vision and integration of Primary Care clinical operations, Population Health programs and the Clinically Integrated Networks as well as collaboration opportunities with HAP. Provides long range planning for value- based transformation and translate strategies into actionable financial forecasts. Develops the local, regional and national reputation of Primary Health. Key measures of success include high-functioning governance structure, multi-year growth and business plan, value-based care strategies, quality, experience and cost improvement, and overall practice and contract performance.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Health Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Seven (7) years of progressively more responsible leadership experience working in a clinical or comparable business capacity.
- Ability to identify, create and foster an organizational culture that is supportive of a high reliability organization and builds upon operating in a highly matrixed working environment.
- Advanced business and analytical skills to develop new or enhance existing clinical and operational strategies, business plans, policies and programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current health care trends and practices including healthcare reform, integration of health care delivery systems, clinical/medical advancements, health care financing, performance improvement and change management tools.
- Creates and maintains physician and clinical staff relationships built on shared values, trust and mutuality. Develops sustainable relationships that result in supportive patient care systems, physician access/satisfaction, and quality, efficient care across the service line delivery platform.
- Appoints, develops, mentors and supports a leadership team that provides comprehensive and well-developed daily operational leadership and collaborates with other providers to improve services in the community.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and business acumen in order to foster interactions, forge alliances, counsel, inspire and build confidence in others, promote understanding of HFHS and business of healthcare. Must be able to operate effectively in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the mission, vision, goals and values of HFHS.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, HFHS Compliance Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies by ensuring adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer