Supv- Laboratory Services (Laboratory General)
Under general direction, responsible for the operation of one or more technical areas or shifts in a clinical laboratory. Prepares and maintains technical and operating procedures to meet accrediting and regulatory requirements. Responsible for staff recruitment, competency, engagement, and performance management. Evaluates and implements test methods in collaboration with medical and Technical Team leaders. Oversees supply chain requirements. Prepares financial forecasts for use in planning and uses metrics to manage service quality. Participates in developing and implementing system-wide standards for the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service Line.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The duties and responsibilities of the supervisor encompass four major areas: Technical, Human Resources, Finance, and Quality Management. Technical:
- Assures section compliance with accreditation and regulatory agency requirements, including educational, competency, proficiency testing, and safety.
- Oversees test performance characteristics, quality control programs, and resolves problems.
- Maintains up to date technical procedures and validation testing.
- Prepares and/or reviews management reports and metrics AND more...
For more information and to apply, please click here.