Part-time Non-Eligible summer employee positions are not part of the Oakland County Merit System. These positions are limited to 520 hours during the summer months.
All applicants for this classification must upload a copy of their college transcript under the attachment section. This section is used for TRANSCRIPTS ONLY. Other documents such as references, cover letters, resumes, etc are prohibited and will not be read or considered.
Under close supervision, is responsible for assisting in the daily activities of the Epidemiology Unit and for helping develop and implement programs for disease control and prevention. May assist in providing educational services relative to ongoing and projected disease control activities. Investigates to determine the cause of epidemic situations. With training may maintain systems for the collection and reporting of relevant data on communicable and chronic diseases and injury control to appropriate state, federal and local agencies. Presents results of studies or outbreaks to Health Division administration and staff. Responsible for special studies as assigned. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Transcript with enrollment in a Master's of Public Health program
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Must be currently enrolled in a Master's of Public Health program at an accredited college or university.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before hire date.
NOTE: Student Epidemiologists who have an out-of-state driver's license will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Record from the issuing state BEFORE they begin employment with Oakland County.
3. Pass the employment physical established for this classification.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
If you have completed education higher than a high school diploma or GED, you must attach a copy of your official/unofficial transcript(s) that clearly state the type of degree and date awarded/conferred, institution name, and applicant name; and is in a format that cannot be modified or edited. Your application will not be considered for further review if you have failed to provide this information. Transcripts from outside the United States must be assessed for U.S. equivalency by a NACES National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). This documentation must be attached to your application if you are certifying you have an education higher than high school/GED. NOTE: This section is used for TRANSCRIPTS ONLY. Other documents such as reference, cover letter, resume, etc are prohibited and will not be reviewed. If a job offer is made, an official transcript will be required.
1. Must submit to immunizations as required by the Department of Health & Human Services, and submit to a tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray, at County expense.
2. Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffer's license.