Sr. Administrative Secretary (Jackson Health Network) - Jackson, MI
Under general supervision from the Vice President, Division Head or Physician-in-Charge in Leadership Salary Grade M08/ PHY 500 or above, provides secretarial, clerical and administrative support services such as preparing correspondence in final form, receiving visitors, scheduling meetings, maintaining files, and conducting special projects as assigned. Duties require a thorough knowledge of supervisors areas of responsibility in order to gather data and prepare reports, answer correspondence, conduct projects, and so forth. May direct the work of lower-classified clerical employees, purchase standard supplies, and perform routine bookkeeping and billing functions.
- Requires a High School Diploma or a G.E.D. equivalent.
- One year certificate from college or technical school with at least three (3) years of experience within an office setting; or five (5) or more years of related secretarial experience within an office setting required.
- Previous experience scheduling appointments/maintaining calendars required.
- Progressively more responsible related work experience necessary in order to gain in-depth understanding or organizational policies, procedures and operations, in order to assume a variety of high-level administrative details including arranging meetings and conferences without prior clearance, answering semi-complex correspondence, assembling highly confidential and sensitive information, answering questions of influential callers, and so forth. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively communicate with external and internal callers and visitors, often dealing with sensitive/highly confidential matters.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to handle semi-complex administrative details such as preparing special non-recurring reports by combining confidential data from several sources, and scheduling and handling administrative/secretarial needs of supervisor.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer