Social Services – Peer Support Specialist (40 hours per week) (2021-18)
The Peer Support Specialist will assist individuals in understanding and using mental health and substance use disorders services. The Peer Support Specialist will model competency in recovery and demonstrate on-going coping skills. Starting wage - $15.43
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certification as Peer Support Specialist preferred or obtain certification in first year of employment
- Must be receiving or has received services from the public mental health system, currently in stable recovery
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for job related use
- Knowledge and skills sufficient for establishing effective relationships with consumers who have a mental illness, and/or substance use disorders, their families, and team members
- Knowledge about mental illnesses and/or substance use disorders as well as about recovery and crisis planning
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent problem-solving skills
For a detailed job description, responsibilities and information on how to apply directly through our website, please visit www.network180.org.
Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates in E-Verify.