Social Services – Medical Assistant – Full-time
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. We are responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County.
We are seeking a full-time Medical Assistants responsible for direct service to clients in our Greenwood Clinic and Psychiatric Services Clinic. Network180’s Greenwood Clinic serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who have mental illness and substance use disorder needs. Network180’s Psychiatric Services is an urgent/emergent clinic that serves both adults and children with mental illness and substance use disorder needs. The starting wage for this position is $15.13 per hour.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Medical Assistant certificate program from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- CMA certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants or the RMA certification through American Medical Technologists required
- Education or training in the basics of medical terminology
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, database management and e-mail
- Strong understanding of services for psychiatric and substance disordered consumers, and a strong recovery philosophy, preferred
- One year of experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting, preferred
- Experience working with an Electronic Health Record, preferred
- Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and skills and capabilities of bridging language/cultural barriers to Network180 services within diverse communities
For a detailed job description and information on how to apply directly through our website, please visit www.network180.org. Applications accepted until positions are filled.
Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates in E-Verify.