Recovery Coach (2020-65)
We are seeking a Recovery Coach who will assist individuals in understanding and accessing substance use disorder services. The Recovery Coach will model competency in recovery and demonstrate on-going coping skills.
This position is part of a specialty mental health court to improve the response of individuals with a serious mental illness or with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorder who have come into contact with the criminal justice system. The mental health court is a team-based program led by the Honorable J. Joseph Rossi and consists of a program coordinator, both a prosecuting and defense attorney, a probation officer, two clinical liaisons, a recovery coach, a network of treatment providers, and circuit court personnel. The team works together for the common goal of helping participants improve their mental health and general well-being, promote self-sufficiency, stabilize their lives and reduce/eliminate criminal behaviors.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2 years relevant work experience, may include volunteer work
- In stable recovery
- Actively working in a recovery program (12 step, church/spiritual, or other recovery support group)
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for job related use
- Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued
- Knowledge and skills sufficient for establishing effective relationships with consumers who have a substance use disorder, their families, and team members
- Knowledge about substance use disorders as it pertains to recovery and crisis planning
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good problem-solving skills
- Preferred macro and micro systemic experience working and advocating in integrated healthcare.
- Experience working with complex clients who experience both psychiatric and physical co-morbidities.
- Working knowledge of health care integration concepts.
- Knowledge of basic health and wellness strategies and/or lived experience with the management of a chronic physical health condition.
For a detailed job description, responsibilities and information on how to apply directly through our website, please visit www.network180.org. Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates in E-Verify.