Public Health Educator II - Part-Time
Under general supervision, develops, implements, and evaluates health education and promotion programs related to healthy eating, physical activity, substance abuse prevention and other health prevention topics. This position works with a variety of community partners and collaborates and presents to racial, ethnic and socioeconomically diverse audiences. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Transcript with award date
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
2. Have had at least one (1) year of full-time professional experience in the field of health communication/education
NOTE: A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in health education, public health, community health, or closely related area may be substituted for one (1) year of experience.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment physical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.