Optometric Assistant, West Bloomfield, MI
Responsible for assisting the doctor with providing thorough comprehensive visual exams, medical exams, office visits, in-office minor medical procedures, and contact lens follow-ups by performing preliminary testing, electronic medical record entries, contact lens classes, support duties, and post exam follow-up.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform visual preliminary testing to include: auto refraction, inner-ocular pressure, neutralizing prescription eyewear, blood pressure, visual acuity, motility testing, pupil assessment, confrontation fields, anterior chamber angle assessment, dilation, but not limited to these skill sets.
- Documentation recorded into the electronic medical record
- Preliminary testing entries and patient chief complaint, medical history, medications, and social history, previous/current contact lens and eyewear prescriptions, but not limited to these entries.
- Escort patient throughout the exam process and transfer authority to appropriate department
- Eyewear Consultant, Dispenser, or Customer Service Representative Educate patients on contact lens handling, wearing schedule, care and importance of owning prescription glasses.
- Accurately performs, follows, and adheres to the scheduling guidelines and to the allotted time given to perform preliminary testing and electronic medical record entries for each scheduled appointment. Interpret a doctor’s prescription and suggest products and enhancements to address specific prescription requirements AND More...