Optical Service Representative, Dearborn
Greets and directs patients in a friendly, professional and efficient manner. Investigates and resolves patient inquiries concerning merchandise, service, and billing in person or over the phone. Completes and records sales transactions accurately in HFO Point of Sale (POS) system. Works closely with all HFO departments to coordinate patients’ services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively maintains multiple phone lines while utilizing proper telephone etiquette. Turns information inquiries into scheduled appointments. Accurately and efficiently schedules appointments, completes and maintains patient electronic medical records.
- Accurately and consistently maintains the cash drawer and sales ledger.
- Explains Ocular Corneal Tomography to all patients over the age of 18. Performs entry into HFO’s point of sale system.
- Performs prescription entry for eyeglasses and contact lenses. Follows medical triage guidelines for emergency cases.
- Communicates prescription information with pharmacies.
- Places order and directly ships to patient homes or businesses. Interprets doctor’s prescriptions and answers customer questions AND more...