Medical Transcriptionist (Pathology - Part Time/Days) - Jackson, MI
Using highly specified standard work, accessions anatomic pathology cases by typing clinical history into information systems, and printing cassettes. Triages and tracks a variety of cases and materials.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in accurate and rapid data entry with good spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Must be able to transcribe Pathology reports using laboratory information systems with a high degree of accuracy.
- Requires rapid data entry with good spelling and grammar, proofreading for accuracy and completeness, and follow-up as needed with customers for missing information.
- Candidates must have the ability to code diagnoses into the Lab and patient information systems.
- Competency to learn and use information systems and dictating equipment.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and anatomic terms strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer