Medical Assistant - OB/GYN - West Bloomfield
Under direct supervision of the provider and nursing leadership, performs a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to assist in the quality and compassionate care provided to patients. These duties include the greeting and escorting of patients to the exam room; taking medical histories, the measurement and recording of vital signs; preparing patients for the examination/procedure; and assisting the physician during the examination/procedure. Demonstrates clinical competence as a Medical Assistant.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform initial-response screening following protocols approved by supervising physician.
- Escort patient to room and prepares patient for examination, procedure and treatment.
- Obtain vital signs and record in the EHR.
- Obtain, evaluate, and record patient history employing critical thinking skills.
- Prepare for, set up and assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments per protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare and administer oral, parenteral medications and immunizations as ordered by the supervising physician based on Henry Ford Medical Group medication policy. Documents medication administration following the 6 rights in the EHR.
- Maintain medication and immunization records.
- Documents care provider during patient visit in EHR.
- Recognize and respond to emergencies AND more...